Major updates are on the horizon for this plugin, due out August 1st. The new update of the plugin will only bring it up to version 0.6 of the plugin, still not considered a full release version and therefore still in beta. These changes will affect the way shortcodes are to be properly entered into a post and the previous method will be rendered inoperable. This is unavoidable, as the first generation of the plugin suffered from some endemic failures of logic (I goofed, in other words!).
In addition to the new version of the plugin, an entirely new version of the documentation will also be required. The new documentation will live in a Page, rather than in the current post, for this reason.
WP-Tabbity provides WordPress blog authors with the ability to leverage the jQuery UI to create an unlimited number of tab groups containing an unlimited number of tabs in any post or page. The plugin uses WordPress’s core shortcode lexicon and the included version of the jQuery libraries to allow quick, easy and versatile use of tabs anywhere on the site.
Current Version: 0.1-beta
- 0.1 ~ Initial public release, still beta.
I welcome any suggestions users might have for this plugin. Please comment below to let me know what you think and be sure to subscribe to comments to keep up with the latest developments. Currently, the plans for this plugin as go-forward projects include the following list:
- Bug: problem with automatically-generated content IDs when the first ten characters of two tabs is the same.
- Add TinyMCE buttons to the Write Post/Page screens.
- Add the ability to load the page with a specific tab pre-loaded via $_GET (example.com/page?tab=mytab)
- There appears to be an issue with images not being properly wrapped within the WP-Tabbity DIVs